Saturday Shenanigans

Happy Saturday everyone!

How are we all this fine Saturday morning?

I have a little spring in my step this morning, as it’s only two days until the little cherubs return to school after the Easter break, here in my part of the world!

I do love them but, honestly, personal space is a great thing! lol

Anyhoo….whilst the little angels are tucked up in bed at night, I tend to spend my time trawling the internet for anything that can make my crafting a little easier or more enjoyable.

Judging by the feedback I received after last weeks ‘tutorials post’ it’s something that you all like to do too…

Some people, last week, had mentioned my lack of ‘pens’ and I feel I owe this an explanation.

When ‘Copics’ were becoming  ‘all the rage’, about four years ago, I splashed out and bought a full set of Ciaos.

(if I do something, I like to do it properly, lol)

This, as you can imagine, was an extremely expensive foray into the world of markers and unfortunately, one I would prefer to forget.

I couldn’t use them, AT ALL….we just didn’t get along…..we were incompatible!

Now, on reflection, it may have been that I didn’t have the time to learn how to use them properly. (This is most likely the case, as everyone else seems to get along brilliantly with them)

However, some of my favourite ‘colourists’ use Copics, and other marker pens to the most stunning effect….and I am severely jealous of their talent.

There are loads of Copic tutorials all over the internet and this has to be one of my favourites….using our very own Rosie also available as a digi, so if you fancy trying this stunning ombre technique you can do it straight away…


Amy has provided a series of tutorials making this card from start to finish…..so have a good look through her You Tube channel, you’re sure to find something to inspire you.

One of the things I really admire about the crafters who colour using markers, is the hair….and this is a great tutorial by lovely Lis Murphy using Spectrum Noir pens!

And, this is my favourite tutorial, so far, for colouring red hair….by Kimberly
(I’m a redhead, and very biased. lol)


Again, she has a great selection of tutorials using Promakers  so her channel is well worth a look too!

Well, there we have my selection of tutorials for the pen lovers amongst you….and, if you need an instant hit of sugar to colour in this weekend, take a wander around the
….you’re sure to find something to make you pick up those markers and get colouring!

If so, please feel free to show us your creations, either, on our Facebook page and in The Sugar Bowl….there are fabulous prizes to be won!

Enjoy your weekend!

Luv’n’Hugs
Gayle x

4 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fab tutorials Gayle thanks for sharing

Ali x

Christine L said...

Brilliant tutorials Gayle.. Thanks for the heads up! I have copic colouring tutorials on YouTube too.. My channel is same name as my blog.. Cardsbychistine.. Would love you to take a peek!
Christine x

Kimberly said...

Oh my...how surprised i was to see my colouring tutorial on your page...wow wow wow...thank you. ONe of these days i will for sure use one of my sugar nellie stamps and get a tutorial done...tfs

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful tutorials. Fantastic coloring.