Welcome our guest - Marion


Marion Lones


Some of you may know me already, but for those who do not know who I am, just a quick something about me.
I am Marion Lones, 49 years old and live in the Netherlands,
I am happily married to Ruud and our two lovely black cats make our family complete.
Our cats are two sisters called Moppie and Droppie.
I am into card crafting a lot of years now, started with 3D pics and in the end colouring stamps.
I have been a fan for the Sugar Nellie stamps for about 4,5 years now.
I just love the sweetness in their images, that has not left even in the new stamps that were released recently.

I love to colour, it is so relaxing.
I always (hand)sew the paper edges of my cards and projects and usually there is always a cat somewhere present in my creation, these are my trademarks.
I love soft pastel colours and often use soft pastels tones on my cards and projects.
Besides the card/project making I love to do ceramic painting and crochet.
I love to try different colouring mediums when my purse allows me too :).
 
-------
Today I am honoured and proud to be in the spotlight at the Sugar Nellie blog.
I have been a fan of their stamps for many years.
For this occasion I made three new cards I want to share with you all.
So take a (hot) drink, something sweet whilst reading this long post.

First I made a card with this cute image, she is not available until Novemeber so look out for these 6 Beauties.


and here is the card and a closeup of that card:





I had so much fun colouring this image.
The image itself is so real and alife and loving that I just had to colour it.
The girl is so pretty and lovely to look at with her lovely smile.
I love a good challenge and this one was a real challenge for me.
I just loved doing the hair and the flowers.
I coloured the image with my copics.
I tried to colour the flowers as if they were real.
I left the background neutral blue so the image would pop out more.
Klik here for a direct orderlink to this image.
For my card I used Scrapberry papers.
The text is from a Joy crafts clear stamp sheet that I stamped on cardstock.
At the edges of this circle and on the heart I used distress paint.
The little angel is handmade with a mould.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My second card is made with this cute image, klik here for a direct orderlink:


and here is my card and closeups of the card with this sweet fairy:

What I love about the Sugar Nellie (Home Grown) range is that the
stamps are all so sweet and lovely and they always make me smile.
This cute fairy is no exception and did you see the sweet birdie next to her ?
I coloured the image with my copics and used Aleene's True snow on her boots and coat.
I alos springled some sparkles on it, but that is always hard to see in a pic.
I also added some stickles to the wings, which makes the wings look so real.
The white flower is handmade and the other two flowers are from Scrapberry.
Papers are from Studiolight.
The ribbon is grom Whiff of Joy and the little dove is selfmade with a mould.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now my last card as GDT, I used this image for my card; click here for a direct order link


And here is the project with some closeups that I made with this sweet image.

Oww another lovely image that I could colour up.
I just love the hair colour challenge on this one.
Also a challenge was to find the correct red and green shapes for the cute little elf.
It is such a lovely scenery the elf with this sweet girl.
I coloured them with my copics.
The cute Chrismas tree is a template from Dutchdobadoo.
I used a paper from Reprint.
The cute little trees are made of several materials such as vellum, corrugated
cardstock and cork.
I used distress paint on the corrugated cardstock for a shabby look.
It just felt as if I had to make a scenery with this image so I also
enclosed these lovely deers dies from Marianne Design.
The ribbon and brad are from Whiff of Joy.
The tekst on the craft is from the newest Dutchdobadoo xmas texts.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this post.
It was fun to create for me with those gorgeous stamps and
I want to take the oppertunity to thank Karen and the rest of the DT team
for having me, I enjoyed every minute of being creative for you.
-------------
 
Looking forward to the new release, thanks again for having me.
Lots of hugs,
Marion
 

 



3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely to read about you. Three gorgeous cards and three lovely images x

KT Fit Kitty said...

You have picked a wonderful GDT! Marion's cards are beautiful - all 3 are stunning!

Christine L said...

Welcome Marion... It was really lovely to read about you... and to see your fabulous creations! My favourite has to be the second one... as I have a love affair with pink!

Hugs
Christine x